What is the Coaches and Administrators Registry?
Every HCLP volunteer must be a member of the Howard County Coaches and Administrators Registry, which was established to ensure participant safety and knowledge of coaching fundamentals.
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO VOLUNTEER FOR ANY HCRP PROGRAM UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL NECESSARY STEPS AND HAVE A COACHES REGISTRY BADGE IN HAND
BADGES MUST BE WORN DURING ALL COACHING EVENTS
For New Coaches...
New Coaches need to complete a Volunteer Agreement with a background check and complete 2 required online training courses:
- American Sports Education Program (ASEP) "Coaching Essentials"
- NFHS "Concussion in Sports"
Use the Howard County Volunteer website to complete your registration:
- Go to www.HoCoVolunteer.org to create an account and connect with the HC Lax opportunity.
- Use these detailed instructions to help set up your volunteer account and complete the training classes to connect with HC Lax
If you need help with your account, please email email@example.com
Please make sure that you have set up an account and applied for the HC Lax opportunity before requesting help or information.
FOR RETURNING COACHES...
There are 2 steps for Returning Coaches to renew a volunteer badge
(1) Sign up for the "HC Lax" opportunity:
- Go to www.HoCoVolunteer.org and log in to your profile. You will enter your dashboard.
- Click on the “Search Opportunities” button, and then click “Search by Keyword”.
- Type “HC Lax” into the box and click “Search”.
- The “HC Lax” opportunity will pop up, click “Sign up”
(2) Renew your background check:
- Approximately 30 days before your badge expires, a background check will be requested for you.
- When your background check is requested for you, you will receive an email letting you know, and a button that says "Request a Background Check" will appear on your dashboard.
- Click on the button on your dashboard and fill out all of the information requested by SSCI (our background check vendor), and then click submit.
- You will be notified by our system when your badge has been printed and available for pickup.